Covid optimism • Hong Kong crackdown continues • Facebook “censorship” • Universalism is the answer to racism • Israel/Palestine • UFOs are real! But are aliens?
It's the Foreign Influence Podcast, with American Bill Poorman and Dutchman Nikolaj Groeneweg taking you on a humorously serious and seriously humorous romp through international events. This time we had to catch up on a lot of items since we took an episode off:
• We allows ourselves just a bit of covid optimism, given the success of the vaccines so far. 💉 Now we just need to focus on the entire globe.
• The crackdown on Hong Kong continues in China as the government bans remembrances of the Tiananmen Square crackdown. So many crackdowns.
• Facebook bans Trump for two years. But it's not "censorship" if the government doesn't do it.
• We wade into the controversy over race by standing firm on the idea that universalism is the answer to racism. And it's tough to be in that space in modern politics.
• We wade into the very simple, easy-to-fix Israel-Palestine conflict. We came *this close* 🤏🏻 to solving it.
• Finally, UFOs are real! 👽 Supposedly. But that doesn't mean it's aliens. And why are the pictures always so blurry?
Thanks for listening! 🙏🏻
Make sure to sign up for our newsletter - the Foreign Influence Dispatch - for links from today's show and more info and commentary from us.
Reach out to us at email@example.com or through social media. You'll find us individually on Twitter, but also check out our FI Facebook page, where we can continue the conversation.
Remember, if you like what you hear, please help spread the word. 🙏
Bill & Nikolaj