Happy Mother’s Day! • Chinese spaceship apocalypse • Covid • Gas attack! • Channel (fish) wars • Cheerio Scotland?
It's the Foreign Influence Podcast, with American Bill Poorman and Dutchman Nikolaj Groeneweg taking you on a humorously serious and seriously humorous romp through the fortnight's international events. This time:
• Happy Mother's Day to all whom it may concern! And a special thank you to our own two special "birthing people".
• We've all survived the Chinese spaceship apocalypse, as the Long March 5B booster rocket fell into the ocean somewhere just southwest of India. Well, at least that's what we're told.
• Covid continues to ravage India and South America. With a surplus of doses in the US, maybe it can start helping out.
• A critical pipeline that supplies half the gas (petrol) and diesel to the east coast of the US shut down after a cyberattack. Why in the hell is this system attached to the internet?
• The United Kingdom held elections. Now we have to think about whether Scotland will leave the UK for the EU. Good times. Thanks, Brexit!
• And some good news - the US might really, kind of, possibly leave Afghanistan. Breath held...
Thanks for listening!
Make sure to sign up for our newsletter - the Foreign Influence Dispatch - for links from today's show and more info and commentary from us.
Reach out to us at email@example.com or through social media. You'll find us individually on Twitter, but also check out our FI Facebook page, where we can continue the conversation.
Remember, if you like what you hear, please help spread the word. 🙏
Bill & Nikolaj