Relief with a Biden/Harris victory • Will underlying problems get addressed? • The joys of a botched presser
It's the Foreign Influence Podcast, with American Bill Poorman and Dutchman Nikolaj Groeneweg, taking you on a humorously serious and seriously humorous romp through the week's international events! Another episode with a focus on the US, because, you know:
• The presidential race has been called for Biden/Harris, and we're breathing a sigh of relief. But it still feels tenuous until Trump concedes.
• The sheer joy that was the “press conference” at the “Four Seasons” in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
• We’re concerned that the underlying problems will not be addressed, especially issues of inequality and especially by the Democrats. And Andrew Yang backs us up.
• Given the closeness of the race - and in the interests of domestic peace - Americans need to try to understand one another. But man, some Trump supporters make it hard, especially the conspiracy theorists.
• And just in case it bears repeating, the good news is the Biden/Harris win.
Thanks for listening!
Make sure to sign up for our newsletter - the Foreign Influence Dispatch - for links from today's show and more info and commentary from us.
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through social media. You'll find us individually on Twitter, but also check out our FI Facebook page, where we can continue the conversation.
Please remember that, if you like what you hear or read, sharing is caring. 🙏
Stay safe, and be nice to one another!
Bill & Nikolaj