Singapore no more! • Bill and Nikolaj reflect on their time in SG and Asia now that they have both left
It's the Foreign Influence Podcast, with American Bill Poorman and Dutchman Nikolaj Groeneweg taking you on a humorously serious and seriously humorous romp through international events. This time:
• Just one topic, really - Singapore! Nikolaj is back in Europe now, and Bill is back in the US, of course. Time for some reflection on our time in SG and Asia.
• Singapore is the freest unfree place you'll ever see. Western-style politics and civil liberties are missing, but the place works - and works for most everybody. (We thought it wasn't supposed to be that way...)
• The live-in Foreign Domestic Worker/maid/helper system was bizarrely great. We admire these ladies immensely.
• Should we be upset to be called ang mohs?
• We're pretty sure we were spied upon.
• The Chinese Community Party could do worse for models going forward.
Thanks for listening! 🙏🏻
Make sure to sign up for our newsletter - the Foreign Influence Dispatch - for links from today's show and more info and commentary from us.
Reach out to us at email@example.com or through social media. You'll find us individually on Twitter, but also check out our FI Facebook page, where we can continue the conversation.
Remember, if you like what you hear, please help spread the word. 🙏
Bill & Nikolaj